Sony Ericsson develops its camera phone range with a 5 megapixel Cyber-shotâ„¢ phone
Research Triangle Park, North Carolina â€“June 14, 2007 â€“ Sony Ericsson today announced its newest Cyber-shotâ„¢ camera phone, the K850, a 5 megapixel camera phone packing state-of-the-art features into a slim-design that delivers picture quality similar to a digital camera.
â€œSony Ericsson continues to create innovative mobile devices that lead in design, quality and are easy to use. With each subsequent model, our Cyber-shotâ„¢ phones have become more sophisticated, and we believe this product line is setting the standard for innovation in camera phones,â€ says Najmi Jarwala, president, Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications (USA) Inc. â€œThe Cyber-shotâ„¢ line has been enormously successful world-wide, and we are very pleased to bring the K850 to the North American market this Fall.â€
– 5 megapixel camera phone with auto focus and Xenon flash
– Tri-band HSDPA for high-speed picture and video blogging
– BestPic, Photo fix, PictBridge
– Size: 102 x 48 x 17 mm
– Weight: 118 grams
– Screen: 262,144 colour TFT, Resolution: 240 x 320 pixels, Size: 2.2 in.
– Phone memory: Up to 40 MB
– Memory card support: Memory Stick Microâ„¢ (M2â„¢) and SanDiskâ„¢ Micro SDâ„¢/Transflashâ„¢
– Networks: K850i (UMTS/HSDPA 850/1900/2100-GSM/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900)
– Talk time GSM/UMTS: Up to 9 hrs/3 hrs 30 min
– Standby time GSM/UMTS: Up to 400 hrs/350 hrs
The Sony Ericsson K850 Cyber-shotâ„¢ phone is a Tri-Band HSDPA and Quad-Band EDGE phone with a colour choice of either Velvet Blue or Luminous Green. It will be available in North America beginning in Q4 2007.