What initially caught our attention in the Samsung WB750 digital camera is the wide range of features it offers for that price range, a 12.5 M BSI CMOS sensor, a 24 mm ultra wide lens and 18x optically-stabilized zoom, full HD video at 30 frames per second, Dual Capture (photo & video simultaneously), etc.
The specs are impressive. The question is, does the Samsung WB750 deliver?
Continue reading “Samsung WB750 Digital Camera Review”
Nikon D5000 Features
- 12.9 megapixel DX-format CMOS sensor
- Multi-CAM 1000 autofocus sensor
- Low noise ISO sensitivity from 200 to 3200
- Integrated Dust Reduction System
- 2.7-inch Vari-angle LCD monitor
- Face priority AF, Wide area AF, Normal area AF and Subject Tracking AF
- D-Movie records high-definition (HD) movie
- One-touch access to Live View
- Scene Recognition System
- Up to 4 fps continuous shooting
Dpreview Review of Nikon D5000
The Nikon D5000 is a camera packed with features and looks like a Nikon D90 stuffed into a D60 body with a screen at the back.
It has excellent image quality, very impressive high ISO performance, good battery life and is very fast and responsive.
One problem the Dpreview found with the D5000 is that the back LCD movements can become severely restricted or blocked once the camera is attached to a tripod.
They also noticed the camera’s exposure would err on the side of underexposure, to prevent detail being lost.
This is Dpreview rating of Nikon D5000
Overall the Nikon D5000 performs very well and is highly recommended.
Continue reading “Nikon D5000 Reviews: D90 Clone”
Will the new compact DSLR from Olympus, E-P1 look like this?
This elegant design could have come from Apple. It has a retro feels and is simplistic, contrary to most DSLRs.
The new Olympus E-P1 is apparently a Micro Four Thirds shooter, complete with a 17mm f/2.8 lens.
How good will it be? We will find out in the weeks to come. It is scheduled to be released on June 16.
These are the features of Pentax Optio P70, which will be available in three distinct colors: Silver, White and Red.
It has an ultra-slim aluminum body.
An impressive 12.0 megapixel CCD captures large, detailed images, which can be printed as 11 x 14 inch enlargements (and larger) in clear resolution with impressive image quality.
4X wide-angle optical zoom
The 4X internal optical zoom is equivalent to a wide-angle 28–112mm, making it ideal for landscape, indoor, portrait or group photos, as well as farther away subjects.
Continue reading “Pentax Optio P70”
Kodak Z980 Digital Camera features a 24X image stabilized optical zoom lens, including a 26 mm wide angle and a vertical shutter release with detachable vertical grip.
The new KODAK Z980 Digital Camera offers:
• Kodak’s exclusive Smart Capture feature, which analyzes scenes and adjusts camera settings to deliver beautiful pictures more often;
• 26 mm wide angle/24X SCHNEIDER-KREUZNACH VARIOGON Image Stabilized Optical Zoom Lens;
• HD picture and video capture;
• Vertical shutter release and detachable vertical grip, for greater comfort and control when shooting scenes vertically;
• Hot shoe for optional KODAK P20 zoom flash;
• Expected price $399.
Kodak is definitely trying to get out of the “simple camera” label and through the Z980 challenges the “Pros” brands like Nikon, Canon and Olympus.